LiterateMama

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Can't Wait To Get To Heaven




This is Fannie Flagg's latest book, and a sequel of sorts to Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! and Standing in the Rainbow. I really enjoy Ms. Flagg's books--Fried Green Tomatoes is still my favorite among them. She writes sweet books where a few bad things may happen but things generally end well for most characters. This is no exception. It's got an interesting interpretation of life after death.

I got to know Aunt Elner a little better in this book--she was a supporting character in the first two books. Her ways may drive some readers crazy but I wouldn't mind growing old and staying as interesting as she managed to be. I loved her good-natured perspective. I imagine that it wouldn't be so bad to grow old the way she did--optimistic, trusting, warm, never turning cynical or jaded.

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to say in this post. Then I realized: If you like Fannie Flagg, as I do, you'll enjoy this book, and if you don't like her, nothing I can say will change your mind.

1 Comments:

  • I ran across your blog and noticed your writing about a new book by Fannie Flagg. I listened to her book Welcome Home Baby, Girl and loved it! I am going to the library tomorrow to get this new book of hers. Can't wait to read it!

    By Blogger Grace, at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home