LiterateMama

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Follow Up Post to The.Biggest.Effing.Book.in.the.World.EVER!!!!



I'm not quite ready to put this book away. I mean, I've already read a new book, but I've read this book twice already (and re-read my favorite sections at least three times).

One of my MM buddies said that she didn't think this book would ever be a favorite, in that she'd want to read it again and again. I agree in that it won't replace HP3 in my heart, but I'll definitely read this one again and again for all the parts that made me teary eyed.

On my second reading, I skipped over bits of the big 3's quest in the forest, and their forays into the Ministry and visit with Mr. Lovegood. But I did savor the last third of the book, which takes place in one day, in Hogwarts. Harry's lonely walk into the forest, his exchanges with his ghosts. How people reacted to the news of his death. His confrontation with Voldemort.

And how I laugh at unexpected pockets of mirth--like when Hermione grabs Ron after he wonders about warning or rescuing the house-elfs of Hogwarts, and Harry dazedly asks "Is this the moment?"

Did I mention how glad I was that Neville had really come into his own as a hero?

I find myself picturing how the movie will look--I'm hoping it's done really, really well. The Battle at Hogwarts certainly had the feel of "Return of the King" but I suppose epics about good and evil inevitably take on similarities.

JK Rowling's doing a chat on Monday, 9 am EST on the Bloomsbury website--she'll be answering questions from readers. I've submitted 3 already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home