LiterateMama

Sunday, March 25, 2007

How To Be Popular




by Meg Cabot

Meg Cabot books are as chicklit as they come. And I mean that in a good way! They're fun, easy, and always capable of making me chortle, at the very least.

This particular book I enjoyed more than I expected. Steph Landry embarks on a project to change her image (that of a klutz) as she begins her junior year, with the help of a book from the 70s named "How To Be Popular". She is smart enough to distill the advice for the new millenium, and her plan begins to work. But of course she's forced to face the reality that getting what she wants may not make her any happier.

There's great mean girl action, best friend confidentials, unrealized love, even a little lust! Plus the requisite happy ending you know you'll get in any Meg Cabot teen-oriented book. (I haven't read her supernatural stuff, so I don't know that she has happy endings in all her books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home