LiterateMama

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Last Summer (of You and Me)




by Ann Brashares

I was excited about this book, by the author of the Travelling Pants Quartet. It's billed as more adult fare for the fans who've grown up with the Sisterhood. The first few pages (which I skimmed in the bookstore) were promising--the language, the character descriptions made the book seem like a serious but still fun read.

I brought it home from the library nearly 2 weeks ago and it has the questionable distinction of being the first book I've read since finishing HP7.

I began to lose my energy for this book somewhere in the middle, but since I'd read that far I couldn't stop.

I don't know if it's because my ability to appreciate this book is still padlocked to HP7, or if the book really doesn't fulfill its promise.

But I don't have any empathy for Riley or Alice or Paul. I just don't care about them.

Makes me think I shouldn't try to read anything new for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home