LiterateMama

Friday, October 27, 2006

Closing Costs

by Seth Margolis

I expected this book to be just another fun read. I wasn't wrong--it was fun to read about the wealthy and their real estate adventures in Manhattan. (Whenever I sigh and think about how impossible the DC market is, I try to reassure myself by thinking that at least we don't live in NYC.) But Closing Costs isn't as fluffy as I thought it might be.

It skewers the world of the haves (and the different castes within that world) as they search for the place to call home. In a way I can't define, it reminds me of The First Wives Club by Olivia Goldsmith.

There are happy endings all around, though if you've ever had home renovations, or downsized, you'll be wincing through quite a few chapters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home